Many royals and nobles came to Amorbach, Germany, for the wedding of Hereditary Prince Ferdinand zu Leiningen and Princess Viktoria Luise of Prussia on 16 September 2017. Outside the church were tens of onlookers, including several of my royalty friends. There were also several representatives of the media. Fences and security people were used to make sure that they didn’t enter the free space in front of the Princely Abbey Church where the wedding took place.
The guests arrived on foot or with shuttle buses, dressed well of course. Among the guests were the cousins of the groom Prince Ernst August Jr (with his new wife Ekaterina) and Prince Christian of Hannover (with his fiancée Alessandra de Osma), the bride’s cousin Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia and his wife Sophie, Fürst Alexander zu Schaumburg-Lippe and his girlfriend Mahkameh Navabi, Fürst Karl Friedrich and Fürstin Katharina von Hohenzollern, and many others.
Amazing reports online by friends who were actually in Amorbach:
- Castleholic: Leiningen/Prussia Wedding in Amorbach: First Impressions
- Castleholic: Prussia Nuptials: My Royal Wedding Report
- Castleholic: Leiningen/Prussia Wedding in Amorbach: The Guests (Part 1)
- Castleholic: Leiningen/Prussia Wedding in Amorbach: The Guests (Part 2)
- Castleholic: Leiningen/Prussia Wedding in Amorbach: The Guests (Part 3)
- Castleholic: Leiningen/Prussia Wedding in Amorbach: The Guests (Part 4)
- Royalty Guide: Ferdinand of Leiningen – Viktoria Luise of Prussia
- Royal Travel: Leiningen/Prussia religious wedding in Amorbach
- The Court Jeweller: Royal Wedding Jewels in Amorbach
- Royal Musings: Princess Viktoria Luise of Prussia becomes the Hereditary Princess of Leiningen
- Royal Musings: Ferdinand and Viktoria Luise’s wedding – more photos
- Royal Musings: and even more photos from Ferdinand and Viktoria Luise’s wedding