Each year the question is: who will be the first royal baby of the year, and which one will be the last to be born? I had a look at the past 10 years. Sometimes it takes weeks, other times the first baby in a royal or mediatized family is already born in the first day(s) of the year. The same happens at the end of the year. The list might not be accurate as it can take years before births end up in nobility books, and I haven’t checked the last books to see if there were any earlier or later births than in the lists available to me. I have included the first noble babies of 2017 as they were in a special report in newspapers as being the first children born in this hospital in 2017.
- 1 January: Countess Clementine (1.39am) and Countess Isabella (1.46am) von Rex were born at the Florence-Nightingale-Krankenhaus in Düsseldorf-Kaiserswerth, Germany. Daughters of Count Carsten and Countess Leslie Inga von Rex. They were the first children born at the hospital in 2017.
- 2 January: Prince Sinan Aga Khan was born in London, Great Britain. Son of Prince Rahim and Princess Salwa Aga Khan.
- (thus far) 11 December: Princess Anna Tekla Radziwill was born in London, Great Britain. Daughter of Prince Artur Maciej and Princess Sylwia Maria Radziwill.
- 16 January: Isabella Windsor was born in London, Great Britain. Daughter of Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor.
- 27 December: Count Herman Frederik zu Castell-Rüdenhausen was born at Twickel Castle, Ambt Delden, The Netherlands. Son of Count Roderick and Countess Liesbeth zu Castell-Rüdenhausen.
- 25 January: Princess Philippa Margarita Carolin zu Hohenlohe-Oehringen was born at the Gesundheitsbrunnenkrankenhaus in Heilbronn, Germany. Daughter of Hereditary Prince Kraft and Hereditary Princess Carolin zu Hohenlohe-Oehringen.
- 29 December: Princess Maria-Carolina zu Hohenlohe-Bartenstein was born in Bad Mergentheim, Germany. Daughter of Hereditary Prince Maximilian and Hereditary Princess Cristina zu Hohenlohe-Bartenstein.
- 17 January: Mia Tindall was born at the Royal Gloucestershire Hospital in Gloucester, Great Britain. Daughter of Michael and Zara Tindall. Not titled, but in line to the British throne.
- 22 December: Archduchess Katarina of Austria was born in Geneva, Switzerland. Daughter of Archduke Christophe and Archduchess Adélaïde of Austria.
- 13 January: Anna-Catharina Sophie Prinzessin von Sachsen was born at the Elblandklinik in Radebeul, Germany. Daughter of Daniel Prinz von Sachsen and Sandra Prinzessin von Sachsen.
- 29 December: Count Albert Felix Konstantin zu Ortenburg was born. Son of Count Friedrich and Countess Christine zu Ortenburg.
- 1 January: Countess Martha von Waldburg zu Wolfegg und Waldsee was born in Berlin, Germany. Daughter of Count Ludwig and Countess Alexandra Luise von Waldburg zu Wolfegg und Waldsee.
- 14 December: Princess Isabella of Savoy-Aosta was born in Paris, France. Daughter of Prince Aimone and Princess Olga of Savoy-Aosta.
- 2 January: Princess Muneerah Madhul of Brunei Darussalam. Daughter of Crown Prince Haji Al-Muhtadee Billah and Sarah Salleh of Brunei Darussalam.
- 30 December: Archduke Alejandro of Austria was born in Portland, USA. Son of Archduke Johannes and Archduchess Gabriela of Austria.
- 1 January: Princess Ida von Thurn und Taxis was born in Vienna, Austria. Daughter of Prince Alfonso and Princess Anna von Thurn und Taxis.
- 29 December: Savannah Phillips was born at the Gloucestershire Royal Hospital, Gloucester, Great Britain. Daughter of Peter and Autumn Phillips. Not titled, but in line to the British throne.
- 9 January: Prince Franz von und zu Liechtenstein was born at the Sanatorium St. Leonhard, Graz, Austria. Son of Prince Alfred and Princess Alice von und zu Liechtenstein.
- 29 December: Sheikh Hamad bin Mohammed al Sharqi of Fujairah was born. Son of Sheikh Mohammed bin Hamad bin Mohammed al Sharqi, Crown Prince of Fujairah and Sheikha Latifa bint Mohammed bin Rashid of Dubai.
- 3 January: Countess Carina Anna Elisabeth zu Castell-Rüdenhausen was born in München, Germany. Daughter of Count Wolfgang Manfred and Countess Bettina zu Castell-Rüdenhausen.
- 28 December: Princess Sidonie zu Wied was born in München, Germany. Daughter of Prince Magnus and Princess Marie-Therese zu Wied.
- 3 January: Prince Don Pedro of Bourbon-Two Sicilies was born. Son of the Duke and Duchess of Noto.
- 31 December: Count Caspar von Harrach was born in München, Germany. Son of Count Leonhard and Countess Melissa von Harrach.